Monday, September 23, 2013

paper bag project


           Value is important because in order to depict depth and add a realistic quality to drawings you have to add many values to your work. I feel like I achieved this quality of volume and 3D by adding value. I added darker values to where the bag was crumpled in and put lighter values for the parts of the bag that were being hit by the light source.  Also when a fold was in the bag I used darker values for the edge of the fold and put lighter values under the fold to make the fold look like it was 3D and coming off the page. I used the paper bag by crumpling it and the folding over the top of the bag to give it a unique fold. The hardest part of drawing the bag for me was the top and inside of the bag; I had a hard time depicting the drawing so it looked like you could really see inside the bag. The part I was most successful at was the front of the bag. I feel like I really depicted the folds and the overlapping of the folds well and did a good job at adding the dark values to the folded in parts of the bag. Overall, this project helped me grow in my shading abilities and taught me how to use the value scale correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment